Blind Spot Information System
Alerts you to a detected vehicle in your left or right blind spot while driving between 20 mph (32 km/h) and 100 mph (160 km/h). When the system detects vehicles approaching from behind in adjacent lanes, the appropriate indicator comes on for a few seconds, providing assistance when you change lanes.
- A vehicle enters the alert zone from behind to overtake you with a speed difference of no more than 31 mph (50 km/h) from your vehicle.
- You pass a vehicle with a speed difference of no more than 12 mph (20 km/h).
Blinks and the beeper sounds when:
You move the turn signal lever in the direction of the detected vehicle. The beeper sounds three times.
- Changing Settings
- "Blind Spot Information Not Available" Information Message
- Important Safety Reminder
- Press the SETTINGS button.
- Select Vehicle Settings. Then Driver Assist.
- Select Blind Spot Info.
- Select an alert type or Off.
- Press the BACK button to exit the menu.
■"Blind Spot Information Not Available" Information Message
The Blind Spot Information system is deactivated and a message appears when:
- Stop your vehicle in a safe place and clear the area in the vicinity of the sensor on both sides of the vehicle. Refer to Blind Spot Information for the location of the sensors.
■Important Safety Reminder
Failure to visually confirm that it is safe to change lanes before doing so may result in a crash and serious injury or death.
Do not rely only on the blind spot information system when changing lanes.
Always look in your mirrors, to either side of your vehicle, and behind you for other vehicles before changing lanes.